We Have a Walker AND a Kindergartner

Sharing is caring!

*This post may contain affiliate links, please see disclosure for more information.

Walking like a big boy

We got ourselves a walker!

I honestly didn’t think it would happen before he turned two, he was such a potato baby only ten months ago! Jaxson has been going to Physical Therapy once a week since October of last year. He has definitely come a long way, he wasn’t doing anything then, MAYBE rolling to one side but it was hit or miss. He does have an unstable gait which is one of the features of DYRK1A children but our little man is mobile!
Related Post: Telling Tuesday

via GIPHY

He definitely amazes us every single day! I’m sure chasing after his big brother on a daily basis has helped as well. He really looks up to his big brother JJ, it is very sweet. I really love the special bond that they have and I hope that it continues to grow stronger as they both get older.

JJ’s First Two Days of Kindergarten:

JJ started Kindergarten yesterday (August 13th) and I surprisingly didn’t cry dropping him off. I drove him to school on the first day, walked with him to his classroom, and when it was time for me to leave — he didn’t cry nor did it faze him that he wasn’t going to see momma all day. I walked with some mom friends to the cafeteria for “Boo Hoo Breakfast” haha, but there wasn’t anyone crying. It was a sweet idea for us Kindergarten mommas!

Kindergarten is hard

As you can see from this photo that JJ is exhausted from Kindergarten. He has been doing awesome with finding his shapes, counting, colors, and writing his name. I’m proud of this little man! My friend texted me that when she was walking with her son to class she ran into JJ. She asked how his bus ride this morning went and he said, “I don’t need any help, I know where my class is!” Haha, my little independent munchkin. He’s made some friends too!

How did your children do on their first day of school? Any milestones or inchstones to share?

August 15, 2018
Previous Post Next Post

No comments

• Reply Kate Loves Travel

My daughter was totally unfazed on her first day of school… although I was a little emotional LOL! I think she was ready for school though and I'm glad she settled so well.

August 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm
  • Reply Stephanie

Congrats on the walking for little man! I remember actually loving once my boys could walk, it seemed to make outings easier in many ways. My oldest starts kindergarten on Monday and he is so excited. We get to meet his teacher tomorrow night. He's been in preschool for 3 years, but that was only 12 hours per week so 5 full days is going to be a lot!

August 16, 2018 at 12:18 am
  • Reply Jessica Hughes

Oh boy, he sure does look like his first day took it all out of him! And it's so fantastic to hear about the little one walking, he is doing amazing.

August 16, 2018 at 3:14 am
  • Reply JaxsonsMomJennie

Oh yes, he's usually a night owl and up past 10-11 but not last night! Lol. <3 And thank you! We are so thrilled he's thriving.

August 16, 2018 at 4:37 am
  • Reply JaxsonsMomJennie

Awww, I'm glad she settled well! Kids are so resilient lol. I remember dropping him off at daycare when he was two and he would CRY. Now he's like BYE, don't help me I know where I'm going.

August 16, 2018 at 4:38 am
  • Reply JaxsonsMomJennie

I agree about the walking! I invested in an Ergo carrier because I was afraid I would have to hold/carry Jaxson a lot longer than JJ. He was walking by 11 months! Jaxson has an unsteady gait but he's doing well with it.
    That's so exciting! I hope he — and you! — transitions well to five full days of class! <3 Is he riding the bus too?

August 16, 2018 at 4:40 am
  • Reply Kye Chavez

I remember the first day of school so well. It was a week of crying from separation anxiety

August 16, 2018 at 2:59 pm
  • Reply Melanie Williams

Milestones are super important. First day of school/nursery takes me back. I was super confident on day 1 x

August 16, 2018 at 3:52 pm
  • Reply Rachel

How harsh for your youngest to start walking the same time the older one starts kindergarten. It is too much growing up all at once!

August 16, 2018 at 3:52 pm
  • Reply JaxsonsMomJennie

Oh no! <3 I was actually super excited looking back

August 17, 2018 at 12:19 pm
  • Reply JaxsonsMomJennie

Thank you Rachel, I totally agree! They need to slow down!

August 17, 2018 at 12:20 pm
  • Reply JaxsonsMomJennie

Thank you Melanie. I was super confident as well 😉 My favorite place was the gym and library.

August 17, 2018 at 12:20 pm