Hello friends, Happy Thursday! I’ve had such a wonderful last few days! Most of you know that my post, You, was published on The Mighty and I am not a Rare Disease Contributor! I’m honestly in shock! Scary Mommy shared it on their Microblog over the weekend as well.
I’ve been doing the My Transphormation Challenge for the last 3 weeks and I’m definitely noticing a difference in my body composition and I’ve lost a total of 5 pounds of water weight. The one thing I have trouble with is my eating, I can work out everyday for one hour but if I don’t eat well I’m not going to notice any difference.
That saying is very true. So to help me on this 8 week Transphormation challenge I’ve been eating a lot of protein oatmeal and avocado toast! They are super filling. Today I wanted to share with you a yummy avocado recipe with turkey bacon and egg whites. I made them with turkey bacon and egg whites to eliminate the fat content in them. When you have 46g of fat a day you need to make some sacrifices!
You Might Also Like: Pumpkin Spice Protein Oatmeal
First things first, find the most perfect and ripe avocado. Peel, take out the seed, and put into a mixing bowl.
Next add the lime, red pepper flakes, and everything but the bagel seasoning.
Set aside bowl and toast your english muffin, scramble your egg whites, and microwave your turkey bacon.
Lastly, in this order: add the avocado mixture, egg whites, and turkey bacon.
Easy! It is so simple and delicious, I can’t wait to make some more!
Avocado Toast with Egg Whites and Turkey Bacon
- 60-70 g Avocado, peeled, and seeded
- 1 100 calorie english muffin
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Everything but the bagel seasoning (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Turkey bacon strips
- 2 Egg whites
- Peel and scoop out avocado, place into a mixing bowl.
- Add lime, red pepper flakes, and everything but the bagel seasoning–mash together.
- Toast english muffin and microwave turkey bacon strips (about 1 1/2 minutes).
- Cook egg whites in a pan, scrambled.
- Place avocado onto toasted english muffin, add egg whites, and top with turkey bacon strips.
Love this? PIN FOR LATER!