Air Fryers are all the rage right now. When I went to visit my sister in law last summer I envied the air fryer she had sitting on her counter. She was able to conjure up a mean roasted potato with less fat than traditional frying! From that day on I knew I had to have one so when NewAir approached me to review one of their new fryers, I couldn’t say no!
What is an Air Fryer exactly?
Air Fryers are an awesome new invention for those who want to eat a French fry and not worry about the excess fat dripping off of them. The Air Fryer adds crispiness to the food in question by circulating hot air—kind of like a convection oven. Some may argue that it isn’t the same as traditional fried foods but I beg to differ. It tastes yummy and I don’t have to worry about my waist line growing.
NewAir Magic Chef Air Fryer Key Features!
- It is versatile and 3.7 QT capacity
- 7 presets AND intuitive controls
- Reduces fat by 70-80%
- Includes a cook book with 30 recipes
My thoughts on the NewAir Magic Chef Air Fryer!
The NewAir Magic Chef Air Fryer is very simple to use. I would recommend wiping down the fryer thoroughly after you take it out of the box and plastic. You need to wipe down the inside as well and to do that you grip the handle and pull towards you.
As mentioned it is very user friendly. When you turn it on there are two areas: time and temperature which allows you to manually choose the temperature and cook time. They do have presets saved on the air fryer for: French fries, roast, shrimp, cake, chicken, steak, and fish. Once you have the time/temperature or preset chosen hit the power button once again for it to start.
I told you it was simple!
Now comes the best part, cooking with your NEW NewAir Magic Chef Air Fryer! I tested out a couple recipes over the weekend: Rosemary Red Potatoes and Pumpkin Spice Donuts.
My oldest son was ecstatic about helping me make these donuts! They aren’t your traditional donuts due to being made with Pillsbury Biscuit dough but still yummy nonetheless! I have seen a lot of cinnamon donut recipes and wanted to make it my own by adding pumpkin (you all know how much I love pumpkin).
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 1 16 oz Pillsbury Flaky Biscuit
- 2 – 3 TBSP Coconut Oil or butter
- 1 TSP Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Olive Oil Spray
- Combine cinnamon sugar and pumpkin spice seasoning in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Take a biscuit cutter, I used a shot glass, to cut holes in the center.
- Spray the basket with Olive Oil spray and place three donuts evenly on fryer.
- Set the air fryer to 350 and cook for about 5 minutes; flipping halfway through. Set aside and cook the rest.
- You can cook the holes for about 3 minutes as well!
- Brush the warm donuts with melted coconut oil and dip into the pumpkin and cinnamon mixture–coat both sides.
Next, I love rosemary potatoes but have been cautious in the past because of all the oil. Now I don’t have to worry about all of the excess oil! I still mix the potatoes with about 1 – 2 TBSP of olive oil which is still a whole lot better compared to the excess oil in McDonald’s French fries.
Air Fryer Rosemary Red Potatoes
- 1 pack baby red potatoes
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TSP rosemary
- 1 TSP black pepper
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1 TSP paprika
1. Rinse baby potatoes and cut in half/quarters.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix baby potatoes, rosemary, black pepper, paprika, salt, and olive oil.
3. Add mixture into fryer (with or without tin).
4. “Fry” at 400 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Overall, I am pleased with the NewAir Magic Chef Fryer
I am a busy military spouse to two rambunctious boys with one whom has special needs. Therefore I was absolutely delighted when I was approached to review one of their new air fryers! Not only will the fryer help with keeping our family healthy it can cut time as well. I was both excited and nervous at first because I’ve never used an air fryer but it is so easy to use that my fears went away. I would still be cautious of the temperatures and ensure that you follow all proper precautions for the NewAir Magic Chef Air Fryer.
If you do not already have an air fryer take a look at what NewAir has to offer and use
to save today! You will not be disappointed and they were named one of the Top 10 Most Recognized Appliance Brands.
Do you have an air fryer? What is your favorite recipe! Let me know in the comments below.