Gingerbread cheesecake, who doesn’t love a good cheesecake recipe?
Cheesecake is one of my most favorite desserts, I love it even better than brownies… and that’s saying something!
Gingerbread makes me think about our Christmas last year. My oldest son JJ and I made our very first batch of gingerbread cookies… and it was so fun!
We had cute little reindeer cutouts along with the little gingerbread men.
He didn’t like to eat them though, he had more fun making them! I guess he didn’t like the spices haha.
I absolutely love gingerbread cookies now, use to hate it as a kid! I’ve made a couple batches for my Autumn Fruit Pizza recipe and added a dash of chili pepper.
I also love baking pumpkin chocolate chip cookies too! Who am I kidding, I LOVE ALL THINGS PUMPKIN. October through December is my most favorite time of the year!
Equipment You’ll Need
- Spring form pan
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Tin foil
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Ninja blender
- Cooling rack
What is your favorite part of the holiday season? Let me know!
Gingerbread Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 3 Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar dark or light, packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 24 Oreos crushed
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Pulse Oreos in blender and add to melted butter. Mix well.
- Place parchment paper at the bottom of the pan and trim the sides.
- Flatten cookie mixture into spring form pan and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Wrap pan with tin foil and preheat the oven to 325.
- Mix cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs into cream cheese and brown sugar mixture one at a time.
- Next, add vanilla extract, molasses, spices, and sour cream and mix well.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips and add into pan.
- Place pan in a shallow pan and submerge with 2 inches of water.
- Bake at 325 for at least 2 hours (less depending on your oven).
- Set aside to cool.
Dark chocolate ganache
- In a medium saucepan add heavy cream, butter, and chocolate chips – cook on medium heat until mixed well.
- Add mixture on cheesecake, and refrigerate a few hours (preferably overnight).
Did you bake this recipe? Tag me at @jennifercarforaco and let me know what you think!