I’m probably driving all of my readers–and husband–crazy with all of these gingerbread recipes and pumpkin haha.
I was thinking what other way I could bake gingerbread, and it had me thinking of mixing it with carrot cake!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through my links. For more information please read my disclosure policy here.
I generally don’t like gingerbread cookies but I don’t know, something about the flavors in cake, cheesecake, and even bread is just amazing.
The ginger, cinnamon, and dash of nutmeg–perfection!
I’ve got another gingerbread dessert: Gingerbread cheesecake with dark chocolate ganache you may be interested in!
Equipment You’ll Need
I’m actually working on a gingerbread spiced apple cake bread as well. That’ll be for another day!
And man it tastes as good as this bread.
What We Love to Watch on Christmas
We don’t only like cooking and baking things on Christmas, we love to watch movies!
Our current favorites are a new Netflix original, The Christmas Chronicles, and my favorite growing up, Home Alone.
I think it’s cool watching movies I use to watch growing up with our oldest child, JJ. I hope that he continues to pass down the tradition when he’s older and has children of his own.
Gingerbread Carrot Cake Bread
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 2 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 Carrots grated
- 1 – 2 Tsp Orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl very well.
- Add sour cream, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, spices, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well.
- Fold in grated carrots and orange zest.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick is clean.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Did you make this recipe? Tag me at @jennifercarforaco and let me know!
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
- Cranberry Pear Eggnog Bread
- Strong Japanese Boy Names
- The Best Date Night Ideas for Home
- Pregnancy Must Haves for All Trimesters
- Amazing Amazon Black Friday Deals 2019