A burnt (“basque“) cheesecake recipe paired with seasonal flavors of cranberries and orange!
When I was compiling my list of Halloween Cocktail recipes, I came across this amazing food blogger – Half Baked Harvest.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through my links. For more information please read my disclosure policy here.
She has the most decadent desserts ever. That’s when I came across her Simple Blueberry Basque Cheesecake recipe. I’ve honestly never heard of Basque Cheesecake so I had to do a little research.
Apparently burnt cheesecake is huge in Spain and has become a new trend for cheesecakes everywhere else.
Rather than using a standard cheesecake crust, she used a puff pastry shell. I knew I had to make a cheesecake with puff pastry as well!
That’s when I decided I wanted to bake something for the holiday season coming up – cranberries! What pairs well with cranberries? Orange does!
Voila – Cranberry Orange Basque Cheesecake came to be!A delicious seasonal twist on the new trendy burnt cheesecake, Cranberry Orange Basque Cheesecake #burntcheesecake #holidaybaking @jennife19558408 Click To Tweet
The Most Savory and Decadent Dessert Ever
When I bit into my first piece of Cranberry Orange Basque Cheesecake… I thought I died and went to heaven — seriously.
It was just that amazing.
I loved the sweetness of the cheesecake and the saltiness of the pastry puff (sweet and salty).
The recipe may look very difficult but on the contrary. It is actually very simple to make!
Equipment You’ll Need
Cranberry Orange Basque Cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 3 Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 3 – 4 tbsp Orange zest
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Puff pastry sheet (frozen)
- 1/2 – 1 cup Cranberries fresh
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place parchment paper at the bottom of the springform pan.
- Thaw puff pastry sheet and insert in springform pan. Chill in fridge while you prepare cheesecake mixture.
- In a large bowl whip up cream cheese.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, whip together.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add heavy whipping cream and mix well.
- Lastly, add flour and mix well. Pour into springform pan.
- Top cheesecake mixture with cranberries, orange zest, and sprinkle granulated sugar (optional).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Set on cooling rack and cool completely.